- Monday, 3/28, 4-8pm: Meet the Brewer of Bruton Brewery at Hamilton’s. They’ll also have a limited amount of Bruton bottled beer for sale. More details on the brewer here.
- Wednesday, 3/30: It’s 30th on 30th! Check out great restaurants and bars from Normal Heights all the way down to South Park. Here are the specials going on.
- Wednesday, 3/30, 6-9pm: A little upset with the name, but whatever, it’s for a good cause. Register for Man Diego, a fundraiser for Mama’s Kitchen, hosted by True North Tavern on 30th Street. A tournament-style competition. $10 to watch, $60 to enter the competition. You need a team of 2, and it includes t-shirts, 2 complimentary drinks, and 2 faux ‘staches.
- Thursday, 3/31, 8:30pm: VAMP: Too Much Information at Whistle Stop.
- Thursday, 3/31: Alchemy’s big 2-year anniversary party
- Friday, 4/1, 11:30am: Happy April Fools! But this isn’t a prank. My favorite pizza and beer shop (and former employer), Blind Lady Ale House, is now open for lunch on Friday. While you’re there with a friend, try the Big Bland Blind Beer Challenge and try to figure out which crappy beers are which. And Alesmith X on cask for only $2 until 2pm, increasing by $1 every hour after that until 6pm.
- Saturday, 4/2, 8am-12pm: Grand Opening of the Golden Hill Certified Farmers Market. The market will be on B Street between 27th and 28th Streets. This is right in my neighborhood, AND they take EBT.
- Sunday, 4/3, 11am-6pm: San Diego Thread Show