Let’s skip over the fact that I haven’t done one of these event roundup posts in three years. Three years? Good Lord. Yeah, let’s just forget about that. “What’s Happening This Week?” is a weekly (duh) roundup of art, food, beer, and craft events around San Diego. It does have a bias towards Uptown events… but I want this to become a comprehensive weekly resource, so please, please, please let me know if I’m missing anything, if there are any cool galleries I should check out, etc!
This week we have my mom’s birthday, the monthly Ray At Night Art Walk with a photographer’s opening reception at Visual, and readings.
- 6-10pm: Ray at Night Art Walk. Artists’ receptions, boutiques, and galleries in addition to live street performances and local food vendors, held between University Ave. and North Park Way in North Park!
- 6-10pm: As part of Ray at Night, Visual Shop (3776 30th St) will be holding the opening reception for Echoes, a solo exhibition of photographic works by Brittni Cute. Music and entertainment from Modern Times Brewery and Roric.
- 7-9pm: Brought to you by The Radvocate and So Say We All, The Radvocate Reading Show is an evening of fiction and poetry readings and unofficial release party for their horror anthology States of Terror – Vol. 1. Beer and wine provided so 21+ only. $5 suggested donation. @ the Media Arts Center (2921 El Cajon Blvd).
- 7-8:30pm: “Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda…” Stories of regret, opportunities missed, and lessons learned. So Say We All presents Long Story Short at Broke Girls’ Coffee Bar (3562 Adams Ave). $5 suggested donation.
- 7pm: Perform, collaborate, get feedback at the Music Collective, hosted by Expressive Arts (3201 Thorn St). $5-10 suggested donation.
- 10pm: Whistlestop (2236 Fern St) presents Videodrome, music videos, viral videos, clips, and trailers. Free.
- Happy birthday, Mama!
- 6-9pm: Craft Beer & Bites (SDBW Edition) at the Makers Quarter (1050 Park Blvd) presents live music and live art demonstrations, along with a homebrewing station, local craft beer and food trucks, craft cocktails, and wine. $20 in advance or $30 at the door.
- 8:30pm: The Tin Can hosts their weekly open mic. Buy a burger from Doods Foods ’til 10pm. And cocktails and craft beer at the bar ’til close. No cover.
Did I miss anything? Do you have a opening reception, art show, poetry reading, open mic, meetup group, etc. coming up? Shoot me an email at email@example.com.