And here we are, week 2 of my return from hiatus! Feeling a bit light this week, maybe you guys have suggestions or recommendations for things to add this week or for the future? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You have one more week to commit to submitting a jar to be part of an upcoming exhibition JARS, to be held from 1/10/2015-2/14/2015 at Art Produce.
- 6-9pm: Opening reception for RENDER, a pop-up exhibition at Art Produce (3139 University Ave) featuring 3 San Diego artists. Paintings, drawings, and cut paper compositions show the power to change the viewer and society.
- 6-10pm: Low Gallery (3778 30th St) presents the opening reception for INNATE PRACTICES, which shows until December 3rd. Innate Practices features new works for two artists, Rio de Janeiro’s Marcelo Macedo and Oakland’s Max Kauffman.
- 9:30: Finest City Improv (4250 Louisiana St) presents three groups, including house team Red Squared, all-lady Swim Team (!), and Controlled Panic.
- 5-9pm: Expressive Arts (32nd & Thorn St) presents Bras for a Cause, a fundraising show Breast Cancer Angels, who provide legal, housing, and other assistance to stage four breast cancer patients. The event includes a silent auction, raffle, music and poetry performances.
- 7-9pm: So Say We All presents the inaugural showcase for their Veteran Writers Program which features “poignant, surprising, and darkly funny struggles, missteps and unforeseen pitfalls that come with transitioning from military to civilian life.” Free at the San Diego Central Library (330 Park Blvd). RSVP on Facebook.
- 1pm-5pm: SILO in Makers Quarter presents Bring Your Own Work Day… BYOW is an outdoor, collaborative workspace. Bring your materials or your laptop (there’s wi-fi!), a beer, a picnic, whatever, and join other creatives.