I hope you guys are having a great Thanksgiving!
Hopefully you’re lucky enough to still be relaxing with family. Or if you need to get out of the house for a bit, there are some great family-friendly events happening this weekend you can take them to.
- 11-5pm: Pop up shops from Maria Baker, Primrose Plum, and Boygirlparty will be at Low Gallery (3778 30th St) to kick off your shopping season.
- 8pm: Black Friday bumming you out? Join Finest City Improv for their weekly “The World According To…” Every week, they invite a San Diego person — or in this case… a whole family! — to share their story, and then their house improv team uses those stories “to go crazy hilarious places.” Buy tickets here.
- 10am-2pm: Family Farm Fun Day at Wild Willow Farm. Hands-on activities for every age, including cheesemaking, soapmaking, seed planting, and a nature scavenger hunt.
- 11am-5pm: Art Bazaar and Trunk Show at Visual Shop (3776 30th Street)
- 1-5pm: Wild Willow Farm is hosting a Schools for Chiapas Workshop that features vendors, short films and music about the Mayan communities in Chiapas, Mexico and zapatista movement. Learn about corn, the agricultural system, how to make tortillas and tamales.
- 7-8:30pm: Dedicate some writing time at the Greenroom Writing Workshop hosted at Words Alive (5111 Santa Fe St. 92109). Greenroom Writing Workshops are free and open to writers of all experience levels. “All Greenrooms are structured around a topic and include periods for discussion, generative free-writing, and opportunities to share aloud.”