It’s shopping season! Have you read my holiday gift guide for writers yet?
If you don’t have a writer in your life, maybe you know a gardener? I came across the San Diego Garden-to-Table Almanac when I was at Ripe this past week. It looks like an awesome resource for those into organic gardening AND it’s a planner too! If you’re not near Ripe, you can find a list of vendors here.
Anyway, here are some notable events in San Diego this week!
- 10am-2pm: The Peace Bazaar is an annual event put on by organizations who work towards a peaceful, just, and environmentally healthy world. 2014 entertainment includes carolers, circus acts, a TranscenDANCE performance. Come support many important causes and get great holiday gifts without setting foot in a shopping mall. Mid-City Gym (4302 Landis St)
- 6-10pm: The annual South Park Holiday Walkabout is here! Walk around this small business haven. My favorite shop is Make Good!
- 7-10pm: Thirteen galleries around 30th Street in North Park present 30 Block Art Night. There will 13 art shows opening around the neighborhood including World of Wonder by Kassi Grunder at Low Gallery (3778 30th St).
- 11am-5pm: SoNo Festival & Chili Cook-off presents a chili contest featuring many, many great SD restaurants. You’ve got my favorite sandwich shop Big Front Door, my old haunts Blind Lady and Tiger!Tiger!, newcomers City Tacos and Bazinga. And of course there’s gonna be some great craft beer in the beer garden, some local music, and vendors. $20 gets a handmade ceramic bowl and five restaurant chili tastings, AND benefits the McKinley Elementary’s art and music programs.
- 6-9pm: Show & Tell meetup for creative professionals. These guys (*cough* with me and two other organizers *cough*) are meeting at Tiger!Tiger! (3025 El Cajon Blvd) in the back patio. It’s a chance to show off your work, but even more valuable, getting out of your home office or studio and meeting other professionals in the creative field. Come say hi!