Happy new year everybody! I hope you didn’t miss me too much the past two weeks during the holidays. I ended up at my parents’ house in Valley Center during Christmas week. I came back to San Diego that Friday and completely missed the surprise snow they had on New Year’s Day. Crazy, eh?
So how do you guys like my new banner? It was designed by my boyfriend over at Villains Records. Let me know what you think in the comments!
And if you have any events you want mentioned in the next few weeks, please let me know below or email me at email@example.com.
- Records Collecting Dust starts screening though tickets don’t seem to be available for today’s Digital Gym showing, but you can always head to Whistle Stop (2236 Fern St) for the afterparty. The documentary features the record collections of several “alternative music icons.”
- South Park’s End of Season Blowout Sidewalk Sale! Several South Park businesses are participating, including my favorite shops Make Good & Progress.
- 4pm: If you missed it on Friday, here’s the 2nd night showing for Records Collecting Dust, a documentary featuring the record collections of well-known artists. Get tickets here at Digital Gym.
- 6-9pm: Opening reception for JARS, a crowd-sourced art installation at Art Produce (3139 University Ave). The show runs through February 20th and is presented by the Sugar Museum.
- 6-10pm: Opening reception for Arrivals & Departures, a showing of new works by Victor Villa over at Visual Shop (3776 30th St). Villa’s work will be showing from the 10th through the 22nd.
- 6-10pm: After heading to Visual, check out the rest of the art during Ray @ Night.
- South Park’s Sidewalk Sale, Day 2
- 7-8:30pm: So Say We All returns to Broke Girls’ Coffee Bar (3562 Adams Ave) for Long Story Short, an improv storytelling show. This week’s theme: “chicken” (think birds, cowardice, dinners, and more)!