I’m pretty excited about this weekend, not necessarily because there’s much going on, but because I’ll be seeing Sullen Ray play 3 nights in a row, with one night being in San Diego on Friday at the Ken Club. So maybe I’ll see you there?
- 7:30pm & 9:30pm (two showings): Disoriented Comedy presents “the first ever mostly female Asian American standup comedy tour” right at our very own Comedy Palace (8878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd)! Angry Asian Man tweeted about this and you can get $10 off with the discount code listed on the site. I want to know who the surprise veteran comedian is!
- 9:30pm-12:30am: Sullen Ray, Katie Leigh & The Infantry, and Social Club at the Kensington Club (4079 Adams Ave) starting at 9:30pm. $5 cover.
- 6:30pm: Open mic at Java Joe’s (3536 Adams Ave)
- This sounds interesting and exciting! Whistle Stop (2236 Fern St) will be hosting an open mic for electronic music. “If it has an on/off switch, bring it out.”
- 8:30-10pm: “Crime Pays” is the theme of this regular storytelling event put out by So Say We All/VAMP at Whistle Stop (2236 Fern St). $5 suggested donation.