Welcome back to another edition of “What the F*#@)! is happening this week?” We’ve got a couple of open mics, an art opening, some improv, and a writing workshop! And like always, if you know of something that I missed or you have any suggestions or events for future posts, please shoot me an email.
- 7-10pm: Low Gallery (3778 30th St) presents the opening reception of “Castles in the Sky” featuring new art by several different artists. This will be the last exhibit at their North Park location before they move.
- 8pm: Two improv teams compete at Finest City Improv for a spot at the San Diego Improv Festival. Your votes matter!
- 6:30-11pm: Open Mic Night @ Java Joe’s (3536 Adams). Signups are 6:30 if you want to perform.
- 7-9pm: So Say We All holds their free Greenroom Writers’ Workshop at Words Alive (5111 Santa Fe St). The workshops encourage the community to “meet, write, and better one another.” This particular one is centered around the theme “Showing not telling.”
- 6:30-9pm: Open Mic Night again at Java Joe’s (3536 Adams Ave). Signups at 6:30.
- 8-10pm: Outspoken is So Say We All’s LGBTQ Storytelling series featuring 8 storytellers. This Valentine’s inspired show is themed “Love Confection: Stories about Romance that Looked Sweeter than It Tasted.” $5 suggested donation at Martinis Above Fourth (3940 4th Ave).