What are you guys doing this weekend? Staying in? Braving the crazy Valentine’s restaurant crowds? Me, I’ll be dead-tired from my band’s mini-tour — today we’re playing in Los Angeles, tomorrow night Ventura — but I think the significant other and I might try to do a short picnic in the park or something. I hope you guys do something that makes you feel great!
- 7pm-9pm: Country singer-songwriter Trevor McSpadden will be performing at Expressive Arts (32nd & Thorn). Support local musicians and local art spots! $10
- 7-9pm: Poetry & Art presents the anniversary of SDSU’s MFA program and Poetry International (their annual publication). Several alumni and students will be reading their poetry with a $50 prize on the line, along with live music.
- 8pm-10pm: Open Mic Showcase at Java Joe’s featuring Isaac Cheong, Gabriela Aparicio, Aaron Bowen, Cortney Preis, Fernando Del Rio, and Heidi Hughes.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Doesn’t matter if you’re single, you all deserve love from friends and family too. :)
- 7-10pm: Expressive Arts (32nd & Thorn) presents Valentine’s Art Happy Hour. For $25/person you’ll get art prompts to work on with your significant other or by yourself. Wine and snacks provided with donation or bring your own. RSVP 619-251-8474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6:30pm: Weekly open mic at Java Joe’s (3536 Adams Ave)
- 6:30pm: Can’t go wrong with another open mic at Java Joe’s at 3536 Adams Ave!