I am going to put the St. Patrick’s Day events at the end of the post so it doesn’t crowd out the other events happening this week.
- Monday, 3/14, 7-9pm: Knitting in the Heights group will be meeting at Twigg’s on Adams.
- Wednesday, 3/16, 7-11pm: Celebrate St. Patrick’s day a little early with everybody on the Drinkabout bus.
- Wednesday, 3/16, 7-11pm: Sea Rocket will be featuring four beers from Manzanita Brewing, and you can meet the head brewer and the president of Manzanita.
- Friday, 3/18, 5-8pm: Mobile food truck gathering at 57 Degrees. 12 food trucks! One spot! More info at this link. Admission is $2.
- Saturday, 3/19, 2pm-night: Wild Willow Farm Potluck Gathering. Wild Willow Farm will be holding tours, giving volunteer opportunities, and hosting a potluck dinner, bonfire, and a movie. Remember to bring a jacket and warm clothing for the evening, a yummy dish, and your own plate, cup, and utensils to keep the potluck waste-free!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Thursday, 3/17: BLAH open at 11:30am, with 6 different nitro taps on.
- Thursday, 3/17, 12-11pm: Grassfed corned beef machaca at El Take It Easy
- Thursday, 3/17: Corned Beef Reubens and $5 Guinness (w/ $3.50 refills) at Hamiltons.
- Thursday, 3/17, 5:30-7:30pm: HOMI hour @ Whistlestop is on Thursday instead of Friday this week. MIHO will be serving their usual menu with the addition of a corned beef sandwich on rye bread.
This week is a very busy week for beer drinkers! (And I count Valentine’s Day as a very heavy drinking day! ;))
- Monday, 2/14: Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Monday, 2/14, 7-9pm: Knitting in the Heights at Twigg’s, every 2nd & 4th Monday. 2804 Adams Ave.
- Tuesday, 2/15: Sierra Nevada Beer Camp beer being tapped at Hamilton’s, with Derek Freese hanging out.
- Tuesday, 2/15, 5-7pm: Knit Night at the North Park Library.
- Wednesday, 2/16: Third Wednesday Drinkabout, starting at 7pm from Blind Lady or 7:10pm at Hamiltons.
- Friday, 2/18: Firkin Friday at Hamilton’s. Cask of Alesmith My Bloody Valentine being tapped.
- Friday, 2/18, 5pm: Pliny the Younger vs. Pliny the Elder at Blind Lady Ale House.
- Friday, 2/18, 10pm: Head to El Dorado downtown for this month’s Full Moon Bike Ride.
- Saturday, 2/19, 11:30am: BLAH will be tapping their last keg of Automatic’s Will Powered IPA, named after and by Will Ferrell himself for the Cancer for College benefit.
- Saturday, 2/19, 2pm: Wild Willow Farm Potluck. Volunteer opportunities, farm tour, potluck, and a movie.
- Saturday, 2/19, 2pm: El Take It Easy will be showing La Grand Bouffe as part of their Meet Meat Matinee events.
- Saturday, 2/19, 8pm: Vermin on the Mount: A Night of Irreverent Readings at Sushi Performance & Visual Art. Featuring several authors doing readings, some of them native San Diegans!
- Sunday, 2/20: Salsa Sushi Sunday sounds like a very interesting fusion of food styles.
- Sunday, 2/20, 11:30am: Russian River sours at Blind Lady Ale House for their “After the Pliny” event.
home ec. studio has posted their sewing class schedule, and The Grove their knitting class schedule.
home ec. studio has the advantage of allowing online registration and payment.
@ 3010 Juniper Street
home ec. studio
@ 619 Arnold Ave.
The Grove over on Juniper and 30th, in South Park, has just posted their classes for this month. If you’re an aspiring knitter or crocheter (hooker, dare I say), then check out the basic skills classes that they offer. It looks likes classes happen a few times a month and are $20.
The Grove is also offering classes for specific patterns. The cowl looks like a fun way to practice lace, which is something I still haven’t managed to check off my craft to-do list. The Clapotis is an adorable, intermediate pattern that I did in college and still proudly show people… Though I made it out of Debbie Bliss cotton angora and it sheds like CRAZY. I cannot wear this with many outfits.
If you’re interested in learning for relatively cheap, check these classes out. Me? I learned on the Internetz, though I would love to knit with others.
Lots of things happening this weekend, especially this Saturday!
- Monday, 9/27: Join Stone’s Ken Wright at “Beer University“. This month’s topic: Belgian beer! Tickets are $20 and can be bought at Brown Paper Tickets or the Stone store in person.
- Thursday, 9/30: 30th on 30th, of course. Lots of restaurants and bars participating from Normal Heights to South Park, following the 2 line! Follow this page for specials.
- Friday, 10/1: “5:00 Friday” at Halcyon Tea, 3009 Beech St, South Park. I am looking forward to enjoying some tea and company!
- Saturday, 10/2: Taste of North Park from 11am-4pm, $30/35 (presale/day-of) (previously written about here)
- Saturday, 10/2: South Park Walkabout, 6-10pm. Walk around the cute neighborhood of South Park and enjoy the many shops and restaurants there! Paired with Taste of North Park, it’s bound to be a full and tiring day!
- Saturday, 10/2: Tour de Fat. If you DON’T want to walk around and consume food and other capitalist items this Saturday, head to Balboa Park with your bike. Registration starts at 9.
- Saturday, 10/2: San Diego Roots Harvest Festival is going on from 2pm to 9pm at Suzie’s Farm. A donation of $20 is suggested to attend, and includes tours of the farm from 2-6pm, live performances, a silent auction, and more.
- Sunday, 10/3: Knittin’ Time at Whistle Stop, starting at 3pm. According to their website, they have knitting sessions on every 1st and 3rd Sunday! I’ve never heard of this. Is this true?! I am going to have to check this out, since my boyfriend lives around the corner…